"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Great Moments In Cinema...

And TV - Part 37

I've dragged this feature out of mothballs for one night, after watching the DVD that I treated myself to yesterday (I'd resisted buying it when it was full price, but I spotted it in Woolies about 25 past 5 for £7) - Clerks II.

Now, I loved the original, and cherished it on video for a good few years before it ever got a DVD release here... I was afraid to watch it too many times in case my VCR ate it... and was a bit wary about what the sequel would be like - would it be a stinker, a pale imitation of the first?

I needn't have worried - Kevin Smith really struck gold. The balance between juvenile humour (the Donkey Show... lol) and real grown-up emotion is spot on, and the love he has for those characters is clear to see.

So, on to the clips... and they do contain bad langauge, and some crude humour - so don't say I didn't warn you!

The Dance Number...


The Jail Scene... for me, the best scene in the film...


Oh, and special mention for the new character of Elias... LotR/Transformers Geek and God-Fearing Virgin - Pillow-Pants Scene...



IMDb Website Here: Clerks II

Why Should You Watch This Film?: Coz it's brilliant, and Kevin Smith is a foul-mouthed God!

1 comment:

AllyBally said...

I know some of the spacings between paragraphs and video clips are a bit off, but you have no idea the hassle I had getting this post done...

It took 2 hours, with my computer running slow, IE crashing (thank god for Blogger's new autosave feature), a warning message telling me I was low on virtual memory, and god knows what else... so I'm just glad to see it on screen at all!