"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Musical Interlude...

Subtitled: Ain't Nobody Here But This Chicken

It's 8:30am and I'm at work already. The boss is on holiday and I'm stuck here until 5pm without even the Saturday boy to keep me company for a couple of hours... I can't even escape at dinner time.

"Alone" by The Bee Gees...

Roy Orbison - "Only The Lonely"...

Among the rejected possibilities (as I was looking through "The Guinness Book Of Hit Singles") for this were:

Stereophonics - "More Life In A Tramp's Vest" (no decent video on YouTube)
Celine Dion - "All By Myself" (not a chance!)
Slim Whitman - "Tumbling Tumbleweeds" (ditto)
Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - "Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me)" (customers don't usually have that effect on me)

No comments: