"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Friday, December 26, 2008

BA' Humbug!

Yesterday saw the first 2 Ba's of the 2008/09 season in Kirkwall.

Unfortunately (for this Doonie, anyway, and for honorary Doonie Viki, who I took to see the annual rampage for the first time), both the Boys Ba' and the Mens Ba' went Up.

Boys Ba' was won by Kyle Robb, and the Mens Ba' by Neil Stevenson.

Here are one or two photos (the rest can be seen on my Flickr photostream), and 2 of the four bursts of video I took... I'll put the other 2 videos on my Photo Blog.

Boys Ba in Junction Road... it had been heading Doon at this point, before it turned around and headed back Up the way:

Mens Ba still in Broad Street, not long after being thrown up... check out the steam already!


Mens Ba all but over... and is that Santa on the edge of the pack? I didn't know he was an Uppie!


Boys Ba video... pretty close to the action:



Mens Ba video:

No comments: