"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Monday, June 22, 2009

A Month Of... Around The World...

North of the border now, and a visit to "Caledonia" with Frankie Miller... I love this song...



No video as such, just photos of Scotland... there might even be one or two of Orkney in there, but I don't have time to watch the whole video just now to check.

This song is beautiful, and the words always leave me with a lump in the throat... I'm not entirely sure WHY though, since the line that gets me is "Caledonia, you're calling me, and I am going home" - But I'm "home" already... I've never been away from "home"...

Wikipedia Links:

Frankie Miller (wow... I'm shocked - I thought he was deid!)
Caledonia (Scotland)

No comments: