"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Let's Do The Timewarp Again...

Contrary to what the calendar says, today is NOT the 26th of July (bad luck to my sister, whose birthday it would've been)... today I, at least, have time-warped back 12+1 days to Friday the 12+1th!

What's gone wrong today? Let's see...

1. Slept in AGAIN, only wakening up when the boss texted me at 25 past 9. Dashed about getting ready and couldn't let the cats in coz I didn't have time to feed them.

2. Left for work at 20 to 10, with my last 17p in my purse, and got the taxi to take me to the bank on the way so that I could pay them - and didn't I pick the bank whose hole in the wall was "TEMPORARILY OUT OF SERVICE". I then had to dash across the road to the next one and, of course, it had a queue.

3. Went to get something to eat at about 11am from the shop up the road from work and spotted a box of toffee and pecan crumbly biscuits in among other types - all of which were priced at £1.65... Expensive for biscuits, I thought, but they were kind of "home-made" looking, so I bought them - and of course, they were more expensive... £2 bloody 45p! But by that time she'd rung them up, and it was too late. So now I've got a box of biscuits that are too damn expensive to eat!

4. Had to cover the shop at dinnertime, and the weather was quite nice when I left, so I left my coat behind, and planned to get a coffee and walk back up to work after. Nope - when I was in the shop, the black clouds rolled in, and it started to rain!

5. After I was finished in the shop, I dashed out into the (not too heavy - yet) rain. Got one or two bits, hurrying between shops as the rain got heavier. Got my coffee, and a bit of toffee cake for tonight, and then I had to go to the pet shop for something for the cockatiel. Came out the back of the shop I was in, and the rain was dancing off the car park - so poor Paddy had to do without his seed sticks coz there was no way I was venturing further in a short-sleeved top!

6. Was clearing stuff out the fridge tonight when I dropped a bottle, which smashed the glass shelf above the vegetable bit. Took the vegetable bit out (thankfully, with only bottles in it) to clear out the glass, and underneath it was a pool of water, which came out all over the clean floor!

7. I've burnt the bit of gum just behind my upper front teeth on a pizza I had for tea, and it hurts. Gave it a gentle prod with my finger, and I definitely tasted blood.

8. My "yummy" bit of toffee cake was a bit burnt under the creamy icing, so I had to leave a bit of it.

Please, god, nothing else can go wrong today!


So you can see why this is officially "Friday The 12+1th" all over again!

The only bright spot on the horizon is that the boss buggers off on holiday tomorrow for 10 days (yay!), but even that has a down side, coz I've got to do the tills for both shops and they'll either need to be done after 5pm, or before opening the next day. And I've got to cover the shop over dinnertime every day... meaning I won't get a proper dinnertime myself... and I've got 10 days alone with an all-singing, all-dancing Flunky, who I've got to resist the temptation to murder horribly.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

AllyBally said...

9. I'd been cleaning up in the kitchen and living room tonight, so it was nearly 9o'clock when I got my pizza for tea, and now I've got bloody indigestion to try and get to sleep with!

Grrrrr...

Anonymous said...

Ah..but leadership is delegation..so Flunky will have to cover for you when after doing the shop lunchtime you then take your legal requirement of a lunchbreak......