"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Musical Interlude...

Subtitled: In The Days Of The Cavemen...

This was played on Kerrang's music channel this morning (which I've taken to watching, coz in the middle of the night they do music videos with sign language, and it's hysterical to watch!)... Queens Of The Stone Age (with Dave Grohl from The Foo Fighters on drums... sighhhhh...) and "No One Knows"...

What's going on? I thought your music tastes were meant to moderate as you got older? I mean, I'm 33... in 15 years I should be hurrying down to the local music shop for the latest Daniel O'Donnell CD! (Promise me you'll shoot me if I do). I'm suddenly getting into louder and heavier stuff... I was never into AC/DC or anything like that when I was young, but now I like My Chemical Romance and stuff like the above. The funniest thing about that is when I bought "American Idiot" by Green Day from our local supermarket... the 18 year-old wannabe emo on the checkout looked at the CD, looked at me, and gasped "YOU like Green Day?" :-D

But there's still room in my music collection for things like this - Was (Not Was) and "Walk The Dinosaur"... I guess you could call my tastes eclectic!

No comments: