"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Psst... S'me...

(Hi... I'm whispering coz the boss is out, and if he comes back suddenly, I don't want him to know what I'm up to! Well, I've got nothing else to be doing, and there's no customers coming to give me their pennies.

I'm feeling a bit better today... my tummy's only a little funny feeling now, and I've been trading emails with the friend from last night - I think things are okay there again. The irony is that yesterday was our "anniversary" - a year since we first met over an internet connection, and we spent it fighting!

The sun is nearly shining here today - I hope the weather's okay with you, but from what I'm hearing on the radio, if you're in Englandshire, it's a pretty fair bet you're getting some distinctly unseasonal weather... hang in there, folks... it can't rain forever.

After I've finished work (hopefully in an hour, because I've stayed here over dinnertime), there'll be the usual Saturday routine of shopping, then a glass or two of wine and a pizza while I curse over the fact my lottery numbers didn't come up and watch "Casualty" and a DVD of some description.

The bonus this weekend is that in my clearing up on Thursday, I found 2 bottles of wine that I'd bought for Christmas presents for family last year, and then didn't get to them. Now, I could have given them to the folk now, but that would just be insulting... so, as Mum would have said, "What they don't know won't hurt them" - and I just so happen to have chosen wine I like myself....

Right, I'm offski now, coz the boss is bound to be back any minute... Remember - you haven't seen me).

No comments: