"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Rest Of The Weekend

Well, I managed to escape work about quarter past 4, and headed off to Starbucks for an eagerly-awaited coffee before heading grocery shopping. Grabbed my takeaway coffee and then off to my brother's. Watched a bit of telly with him, then time to shop.

After getting my messages, it was home, put them all away, check the lottery numbers (nothing, as usual), bung my pizza in the oven and pour a glass of wine, before looking for a DVD to watch.

In my searching, I came across my (still sealed) copy of "Steven King's IT", and I was feeling sufficiently brave and in the mood for something not funny or romantic that I decided to take my courage in both hands and watch it (which I haven't since it was on TV for the first time!).

"I am eternal, child! I am the eater of worlds... AND OF CHILDREN!"


I thoroughly enjoyed it! Yes, there were bits that still made me shriek and grab the cushion to hide behind like a girl, but it wasn't as scary as I remembered... and I just love Tim Curry as Pennywise the Clown!

The worst bit was when my sister phoned me just at a scary part! I leapt feet!

Today's been a really lazy day... watching telly, sleeping, and cuddling with Harriet the cat... who's been in a really soppy mood - lying on my chest, with her head hard against my cheek, and purring like a tractor!

Well, I'll go bugger off to bed now - back to the evils of work tomorrow!

No comments: