"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Shallow Al

A new post, named in honour of the film "Shallow Hal" - the one about the guy who was obsessed with looks until he was hypnotised... you know the one I mean?

Well, I'm shallow... I appreciate the male form - quite a lot of male forms, if the list of actors & singers, etc. I made last night is anything to go by... These are the guys I look at in something and that little voice in my head goes "Phwoar".

However, it's also occurred to me that perhaps some of my choices are a bit... well... unconventional (if the startled reaction of people who go "YUK!" when I tell them is anything to go by). So, because of that, I've spent the last couple of hours trying to get one of those little "5 star rating" widgetty thingies into blog posts so you could tell me if I'm right or wrong, but I bloody well give up. I'm not technically-minded, and all this html stuff just goes right over my head! So, if you want to laugh at my taste in famous totty, you can do it by comment.

First on my list (not necessarily FIRST, these are in no particular order) is Foo Fighters' lead singer, Dave Grohl...


Now, you have to agree with this choice, surely? There's a Queens Of The Stone Age video a bit further down, and he's playing the drums - and even pounding hell out of them, he looks hot.

And it's not just the fact he's gorgeous... he's talented (drummer, guitarist, singer, songwriter), effortlessly cool, and when I've heard him on the radio, he's been witty, cool and... and... and I'm trying to think how to say he seems so nice, without using the word "nice". Oh, and you can't see them here, but he's got those tribal swirl tattoos on his arms & shoulders... and I love good tattoos on a guy (GOOD tattoos... not "Mum" and an anchor!)

So... am I right?

ps. some of the guys featured in this feature will be former phwoars, and some current phwoars... the former ones I've grown out of... Dave Grohl wasn't a former phwoar - I don't think I was really aware of existence when he was in Nirvana... and looking back at some of the photos from then, I'd say he's definitely got better with age!

1 comment:

Freddie said...

i agree he has gotten better with age..i think he's alright..
but on the..*would i* or *wouldn't i*..i'd have to say..i wouldn't..lol

it'll be interesting to see your other choices Ally..