"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Suck It & See...

Monday... was a bit of a change from the normal, but not necessarily a good change. I was at work in the morning, covered the shop over lunchtime, and then wandered up to the doctor in the beautiful sunshine because my ruddy cough's still here - and those tablets I got a month ago for "seasonal asthma" did no damned good at all. So, perhaps this asthma's not so seasonal after all? This time I've got an inhaler to puff on twice a day, but no mention of going back once it's done... Don't worry though - it's not serious, breathless, life-threatening asthma... It's just an annoying cough and slight wheeze that won't go away...

Anyway, I didn't go back to work after being at the doc and picking up my prescription, since it was coming on 4pm by that time. I wandered down the street to my brother's and he took me home. Had my tea, and sat down to watch half an hour of telly before I came upstairs to blog... and that was more or less me til this morning. I must have been asleep about 9pm, and don't really remember anything else!

Today... started about 7am, when I woke all nice and refreshed, to the dulcet tones of Minnie the cat wanting in! I tried to ignore her, but she's got a meow that's not designed to be ignored. Got up, let her in, and made myself a coffee - which I went and laid down with again for a while - desperately trying to ignore the dulcet tones of Minnie wanting back OUT again! (Grrr).

Got up about half past 8, because I had an appointment at the Citizens' Advice Bureau just before 9:30am. Got through there pretty quick, went and got another coffee (sorry, Viki) and walked up to the office in the sun.

Work was pretty boring... and I had to own up to a mistake I'd made - which unfortunately meant owning up to Flunky, coz it affected him, so I had to suffer him humming "The Muppet Show" theme to me for the rest of the day... Still, it made a change from "Spiderpig, Spiderpig, does whatever a Spiderpig does", I guess! Anyone want a Flunky? Going cheap? And he's house-trained... nearly...

Counsellor tonight. Was good.

Before I came up here, I watched Kerrang! for a while, and they had "Red Hot Chili Peppers: Top 20" - Bet you can't guess who's going to be in the "Shallow Al" feature tomorrow?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.