"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Born To Rock...

Aug. 31st, 1957 - Glenn Tilbrook, lead singer, guitarist, and song writing partner for the band Squeeze, is born...

From 1979, "Cool For Cats" (maybe the wrong choice for Glenn Tilbrook's birthday, because it's not actually him singing... for one of only 2 occasions, it's band member Chris Difford, Glenn's songwriting partner, doing the singing - but, tough, you're getting it anyway, because I like it!)...

And, admittedly, it wasn't usually Tilbrook who was responsible for the lyrics of Squeeze's songs, but you gotta love the words to this song:

I fancy this, I fancy that
I wanna be so flash
I give a little muscle
And I spend a little cash
But all I get is bitter and a nasty little rash

No comments: