"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Born To Rock...

Since this is the penultimate post of this feature, tonight you can have 3 celebrants and 2 videos...

First up, half of The Monkees were born today (in different years)...

Dec. 30th, 1942 - Robert Michael Nesmith (better known just as Michael Nesmith) and
Dec. 30th, 1945 - David Thomas Jones (Davy Jones) were born...

"I'm A Believer"... although I always think "Shrek" when I hear this song now...




And Dec. 30th, 1946 - Patricia Lee (or Patti) Smith, singer-songwriter and poet, was born...

A live, stripped-down, acoustic version of "Because The Night"...



2 comments:

AllyBally said...

No, I don't know why there is such a big space before each of the videos, but seeing as this prehistoric heap of junk that I laughingly refer to as a computer has crashed and burned 3 times while I was formatting this post, the third time pissing me off to the point of a re-start (at which point it told me I was low on virtual memory... yeah, and patience!), I am not about to try to fix it!

AllyBally said...

Can you tell I'm just a *little* annoyed with my computer?