"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Monday, March 23, 2009

Ear, Ear...

Lol... sometimes I think I only do these blog posts so I can torment you with silly puns as their titles!

I've got pierced ears... with 2 holes in each lobe... Now, the first ones I got done *mumble* years ago, when I was 13, and I can go months and months without earrings in them, and the holes never close up...

But I tried to put earrings in the second lot of holes on Saturday (got them done probably about 5 years ago), and discovered to my disappointment that they've gone and closed up (you can still see the mark of the hole at the front of my lobe, but there was no way I was going to get the stalk of an earring to go through to the other side... it just bled a bit when I tried).

So, taking my courage in both hands, I went today at dinner time, and got them re-pierced, on top of the hole that was there before, because I read that it's not so sore to go through an old hole (keep your minds out of the gutter, please, people!).

Cost £10... took next to no time at all... didn't really hurt that much (I managed to not scream, swear and/or faint)... and I've now got 2 sets of holes again!

Just got the 6 weeks of cleaning them to go through now.

That reminds me... I'm offski to fetch the saline solution and cotton wool... They're a little bit sensitive at the moment, so if you hear a scream, you'll know it's me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just dont get addicted. :)
Like my sister... had to keep checking the holes and there were always more!

AllyBally said...

Who says it will b my EAR I get pierced next!?

Maybe I wud get a diamond stud sumwhere where only a certain Italian actor wud get 2 c it?

Anonymous said...

Mivan! Then it shud b a big stud for him to be able to see (his eyesight is not the same).

AllyBally said...

Blee!

Of course it will b a big stud... the size is vvvvvvvvvv important!