"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Oh, It's A Good Day...

…for singing a song!

I’m having a pretty good day today, all things considered! Okay, work is still work, but on the positives there are:

Not working tomorrow, and nor is Viki, so we’ll be paying a visit to the charity shops and Starbucks for a coffee!

Got a rent holiday this week, cause it’s the last week of the financial year for the council… woo-hoo!

Was at the nurse today, and I’ve finally got the compression bandage off my leg, and an elastic stocking on… and I can get a shoe on my right foot for the first time in almost 3 months! No more plaster boot that is so smooth on the sole that I go aqua-planing every time I walk on wet stones… Yesterday I almost did the splits in one shop as I walked in the door – led in with my right foot, which slid forward almost half a metre on the wet floor, and my left foot stayed where it was! And there I “stood”, wobbling and trying to prop myself up with my stick as I tried to stop my right foot going any further away from me, and causing me to have a walk like a duck with a hernia!

Not working Saturday, so a pint or two on Friday night to celebrate my new unfettered leg is in order, I think!

Got an electrician coming tomorrow to fit a TV aerial in the house, so finally I will be able to watch telly without every programme looking like it’s filmed in the dead of winter with a heavy snowstorm going on.

Can life get any better? Well, yes... I could win the lottery on Saturday!

No comments: