"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Anyone Want A Cat!?

Coz between the hours of about 4 and 6 this morning, you could have had Gizmo for nothing!

Viki and I were watching a dvd last night (The Jungle Book... can you believe that I think that was the first time I've actually seen most of it?) and then we spoke for a while... and then I fell asleep on the sofa.

Was rudely awoken around 4am by what sounded like a herd of heffalumps rampaging through the living room, kitchen and hall... but it turned out to be Gizmo and a hamster / mouse toy that the cats have... he was tearing round the room, kicking it against the wall, behind the sofa, under the table, into the kitchen... until he lost it.

Peace at last, I thought... but, alas, no... he then found a toy ball that they have... and he spent the next hour or so punting it around the place, then picking it up between his front paws and throwing it up in the air, before chasing it all around the room again!

Now, this would perhaps be cute and endearing when done by a tiny little, fluffy kitten... but not so much when it's being perpetrated by a 2-and-a-half year old mog who is built like a brick shi... outhouse!

Finally, when Viki got up about 6am, he jumped up on me, curled up and went to sleep!

He almost lost one of his 9 lives, I can tell you...

And Leia? She just laid on her blanket on the armchair with a "He's no son of mine" look...





(ps. got photos on the computer now so I promise I'll try and blog pictures of the troublema... er, little dears later)

No comments: