"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Thursday, April 02, 2009

It's Just Been Pointed Out To Me...

... that I haven't blogged any of the good stuff that happened today, and that's why I sound so psychotic.

So I'll tell you that I met Viki (who is on holiday today and tomorrow) when I went home at dinnertime, and we went to Starbucks for takeaway coffee, and then across the road to a shop for bacon & tomato ketchup rolls (2 each) and then we went to the Museum Gardens for the first time this year and had lunch on a bench there in the sunshine.

Yes, the sunshine... It's a beautiful day in Orkney today!

Oh, and last night I took Viki a walk up the road from our house to show her the woods and the burn at the Willows, and then up the back of my old infant school and primary school, to my old grammar school, before going back down the road past the woods again and home.

The night before that, we went a walk out to Weyland before tea.

I love that the evenings are getting lighter and the days getting longer again.

1 comment:

Viki said...

One of my colleague said "Last year we had summer in October, the year before it was in May."
Maybe this year we are going to have summer in April? :)