"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Friday, July 17, 2009

Get Me Coffee... NOW!!!


Urgh... it's 20 past 8, and I'm here at work already... all on my own, all day...

Boss is away at the moment, swinging on a rope somewhere off an oil rig, and our store flunky has taken his kid away to see The Tweenies or some other such freaky kids' show (at least, he SAYS it's for the kid, but I'm sure it's more for him... it's certainly about his intellectual level).

So I've had to come in at 8o'clock, and I can't go out at lunch time or anything. I'm here 'til 5.

And, as an insult, the radio is playing MIKA's "Relax, Take It Easy"... Bastards!

It's a miracle that either Viki or me got to work this morning... especially Viki. Neither of us heard our alarms. I just remember suddenly thinking "Oh, shit" and checking my watch - which said 07:00 (well, actually it said "the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 7", because I don't have a digital watch). Instant panic! Viki's bus leaves at 20 past 7!!!!!

I still don't know how, but I got a text at 22 minutes past 7, saying "I'm on the bus!"

Don't think either of us is awake yet, though.

*Gulps coffee*

It's going to be a looooooooooooooooooooooong day!

No comments: