"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Friday, September 18, 2009

Wot's Hot 'n' Wot's Not...

A new occasional feature for the blog... basically what's good and what's annoying me at any given time... So:

Hot

- It's Friday, and I'm not working tomorrow... so a few pints with Viki tonight and a day of retail therapy tomorrow.
- The bag of roasted & salted crunchy corn nuts (like unpopped popcorn) that I've been munching for part of the morning.
- "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman which is playing on tin-pot local radio at the moment and the fact I'm alone in the office which means I can sing along (badly).
- Vanilla HobNob Creams (of which there's only half a packet left... eeek!
- It's sunny outside.

Not

- The bloody wood pigeon or whatever that drove me crazy this morning going "hoot-hoot, hoooooot... hoot-hoot, hoooooot" outside the bedroom window! Pigeons are evil, smelly, noisy vermin with wings!
-The fact that I've got Viki's purse this morning, and she's got mine (never decide to put someone else's stuff in your bag just so that you only have to carry one bag... it's not worth it). Good job I know her PIN number (uh, oh... she knows mine!) coz I had to borrow £10 from her account just so I could get to work!

No comments: