"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I Spoke Too Soon!

"I'm actually in quite a good mood all things considered"

Not any more, I'm not... It seems I've caught "Misery" from listening to that Soul Asylum track, coz I seem to have come down with a severe dose of "can't be arsed"...

Mind you, it didn't help that I didn't get to sleep until 5o'clock this morning (that's right... that's when I FIRST got to sleep) and then I slept in... AGAIN... for the second time in less than a week... My boss' text (simply "?") woke me up at 20 past 9 (luckily he was in a good mood). In fact, I've just looked back, and it was 20 past 9 on Friday morning as well!

Work's been not that busy the last few days... which means that I'm pretty much up to date, and killing time doing all the boring jobs that I've been putting off (my filing trays are now virtually empty)... I wish I could take a few days off, but Flunky's on holiday this week, so I can't even do that.

Walked down the road after work, as far as the harbour area and my brother's. There's a replica Viking longboat in at the pier just now... full of Norwegians, having crossed the North Sea on the route that their predecessors would have taken hundreds of years ago. However, it's a fair bet that the ancient Vikings wouldn't have arrived under tow like this lot did! The intention was to sail across, but the winds weren't favourable - I wonder what Thor The Ugly or whatever would have made of that centuries ago...

Thor: Right, we're going over to Orkney for a spot of rape and pillage... who's coming?
Sigurd: Sorry, Thor... I've just seen the forecast, and the wind's no good for Orkney.
Thor: Bugger. Oh, well... who's for a can of Carlsberg and a game of backgammon?

I meant to take my digital camera with me today so that I could take photos, but I kind of forgot in the rush this morning (I went from horizontal to out the door in the space of about 15 minutes - apologies to the cats who got booted out without any breakfast). My brother was planning to take some photos, so hopefully he'll email a couple to me so that you can see it.

Well, it's now 20 to 1... I've pottered about all evening playing spider solitaire, then terrorising a few poor defenceless Chuzzles, and I've done a couple of jigsaws on the computer... as well as dipping in and out of SN - which I'm going to have a last dip into, and then bugger off to bed...

Ta-ra!

No comments: