"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Monday, July 30, 2007

The Weekend...

Saturday... As I alluded to in my "Musical Interlude" post on Saturday, I had to start work at 8am since the boss is on holiday, and I had to open up. It was a pretty quiet day for the most part, with very little challenge or excitement.

Come 5o'clock I did the till ready for Monday morning, and hot-footed it down town in a taxi for a well-earned coffee and poke o' chips (well, I'd been stuck in the office ALL DAY, with only a mangy sandwich and bar of chocolate). Then I had to go to the shop and do the till there, which meant counting out £176 in change coz our shopgirl had decided it would be a good idea to offload some change from the sports club she's treasurer of (grrrr)! What should have been a 15 minute job took me 3 quarters of an hour (double grrrr)!

Then was the usual shopping, home for tea (tin of beans & sausages on toast - nothing like a bit of comfort food), and stick on a DVD - "The Corpse Bride", which was excellent.

Sunday... Erm, I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I did nothing at all of any consequence on Sunday. Did a load of washing, made my dinner, and besides that, I slept, cuddled the cat, and watched TV. Well, Sunday is my one day of rest!

No comments: