"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What's Wrong With Me!!!???

Woke up this morning at 7am, with the sun streaming in the window, not feeling sleepy and crabbit as I usually am... Got up and let the cats out (they blotted their copybooks yesterday by peeing TWICE on the floor, but we think that was just a hint that their litter tray was needing cleaned), and didn't go back to sleep, for a change.

Instead, I listened to some music on the computer for a wee while, then got dressed and ready for work. Left the house about quarter past 8 (normally I'm not even up then), and walked (yes, that's right... WALKED) to work... with a brief detour past my favourite coffeeshop for a caramel latte to sup on the way. It was so beautiful walking out along the seafront, watching gulls, ducks and 8 or 9 swans on the Peedie Sea on the other side of me.

Arrived at work almost on the dot of 9am, feeling refreshed, happy and not at all tired. It would be nice if this would stay with me, but I suspect it won't. Tomorrow morning I am sure I will waken up all knackered and grumpy, and it will be a last-minute rush to get to work in time by taxi.

God, it's a beautiful day today! Hope it's nice and sunny too where you are.

No comments: