"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Saturday, March 06, 2010

I Could Have A Criminal Record...

... and, no, I don't mean "Engelbert Humperdinck's The Dance Album"!

I went shopping tonight at our local supermarket (I won't tell you which one, but I will give you a clue, because - ahem - "Every Little Helps"), and as part of my shopping, I bought two plastic storage crates for keeping handbags and shoes in (2 females sharing a house = a lot of handbags and shoes). Anyway, I got to the checkout, put all the shopping on the checkout, and decided once it was all gone through, I would put all the groceries IN the storage crates (one inside the other, I didn't have THAT much shopping). Packed all my shopping, paid, and off I went outside.

And that was when I noticed...

... all the groceries were in the storage crates, except for a carton of Tropicana Pure Premium Orange Juice with EXTRA Juicy Bits (no, not just the normal Tropicana Pure Premium Orange Juice with Juicy Bits, this stuff was more expensive @ £1.93), which was sitting in the trolley.

"Funny," I thought, "Why did I put all the rest of the stuff in the storage crates (one inside the other), and then put the carton of orange juice just in the trolley?"

And that was when the feeling of dread came over me... and I checked the receipt...

AND THE CARTON OF ORANGE JUICE WASN'T ON IT!!!!!!

Yes, people... for the first time in my life, I am guilty of (inadvertantly) shoplifting!

But, by that time, we (my brother & I) had left the-supermarket-who-will-remain-nameless, and I couldn't exactly go back and say "Here's £1.93 for the carton of orange juice I just accidentally nicked from you"!

I've got to go there again tomorrow night... What if they've reviewed the security cameras and the cops will be waiting for me? Or I'll be walking around the store and suddenly the security guard will clap me on the shoulder and say "Do you mind coming with me, madam?"?

I'll try to keep blogging from jail, if they let me...

No comments: