"The fairies only left Orkney when folk stopped seekin' them" - Anonymous Orcadian
"Never be afraid to seek" - Ally

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Thanks, Kasia & Marcin...

Viki & I were invited to stay with a couple of Polish workmates of Viki's last night, as a kind of housewarming since they'd moved into a flat of their own. And, as it was through in Stromness, and there were no buses going back after about 9pm, we slept on a couple of sofas in their living room.

It was a great night. To start with, we had bigos (which is absolutely delicious, by the way), and some alcohol (tea with rum for the other 3, and rum & coke for me, because I hate tea). And later we went out to the pub (where there was a karaoke night on, but I swear I didn't sing... I wouldn't do that to people).

Lol... to begin with I felt a bit "normal" - it was a very international party - one Hungarian, 2 Polish, a Lithuanian girl, and a Nigerian! And me just a simples Orcadian! I never imagined 5 years ago that I would have such exotic friends!

So, thank you Kasia & Marcin for the hospitality & the sofas... It was really good fun.

Just a final thing, though... I don't think I will ever risk Polish beer again!

No comments: